An anal fissure is not a severe health condition. It is a common problem that affects people of all age groups. Most of the time, infants and young children suffer from anal fissures, as this age group mostly experiences constipation. The more you grow old, the less the chances of getting affected by anal fissures. However, it can hit anyone of any age group.
When the symptoms get acute, there is no way to handle it except availing of the best laser treatment for anal fissures.
An anal fissure is a cut on the thin lining of the anus. Since the anus lining is very delicate, the skin gets torn apart whenever you pass a hard and large stool. Anal fissures cause pain and bleeding during bowel movements.
Simple treatments like fiber intake and sitz baths can alleviate the pain and symptoms of anal fissures. But when the symptoms become chronic, patients may require medication and even the best laser treatment for anal fissures.
Who Can Get Anal Fissure?
Men, Women, babies, or kids all can get affected by anal fissures.
While anal fissures are common in kids, they can also happen in adults between 20 and 40. the risk of anal fissure decreases with the growing age.
Sometimes, anal fissure becomes an external symptom of specific medical conditions:
- Anal Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
When the patient is not feeling relieved after six weeks, the best laser treatment for anal fissures is the best option.
What Are The Causes Of Anal Fissures?
Anal fissures are the consequence of the trauma to the anus. The straining at the time of bowel movements causes injury to the anus and anal canal. Multiple causes are there for the bowel movement trauma:
- Crohn’s disease
- Prolonged constipation
- Large, hard, and dry stool
- Long-term Diarrhea
- Poor bowel habits
- Tight anal sphincter muscles
- Anal sex
- Insertion of foreign objects into the anus
- Ulcerative colitis
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Anal cancer
- Scarring in the anorectal area
How To Prevent Anal Fissure?
If you have suffered from anal fissure once, you may not wish it would happen again. Like many other health conditions, one can decrease the chances of anal fissure occurrence by following simple ways.
Hydration is the secret weapon for reducing the chances of many diseases, including anal fissures. When you intake plenty of fluids, the stool will soften enough to pass through the anus easily.
It does not mean you can take plenty of alcohol to stay hydrated. Too much alcohol can lead you to extreme dehydration.
- Drink around eight glasses of water daily.
- You can have other fluids like juice, coconut water, Etc.
- You need to increase your water or fluid intake during the hot seasons.
- Try to avoid caffeine intake.
- When you drink an adequate amount of water and fluids, the bowel movement will become regular, fading the chances of constipation away. The possibilities of anal fissure will also be tail off.
Stay Physically Active
Lack of exercise or physical activity is one of the chief reasons triggering constipation. Prolonged constipation leads the body to anal fissure symptoms.
- Stay physically active.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Walking and jogging are impactful ways to keep your body active. Consider walking at least 30 minutes a day.
Bring Changes to Your Food Habits
Healthy food habits can help people keep the chances of constipation and anal fissure at bay.
Let us find out what kinds of fruits, vegetables, and other types of food you need to include in your regular diet to avid anal fissure formation.
- It consists of enzymes that promote a healthy digestive system.
- Comprises 88% of water. It keeps the body hydrated.
- The large size of papaya contains almost 13gm of fiber. A moderate intake of papaya improves bowel movement.
- Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C.
- The juice from one lemon contains 21% of vitamin C. (U.S. Department of Agriculture)
- Vitamin C is an excellent anti-oxidant, maintaining skin health.
- Regular intake of lemon juice ensures the healing of the anal cut.
- Lemon juice mixed with water or juice keeps the body hydrated, lowering the chances of hard stool.
- Oatmeal is bursting with soluble fiber. It helps the stool retain water.
- Daily intake of oatmeal lowers the chances of forming a dry and hard stool.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of oats promote the fast healing of anal fissures.
Clarified Butter/ Ghee
- Ghee is a natural laxative, an age-old ayurvedic remedy for fissure treatment.
- The butyrate acid in ghee promotes digestion.
- The intake of 1 teaspoon of ghee with milk or water promotes healthy bowel movement.
Probiotic Enriched Foods
- Probiotic-rich food like curd promotes easy bowel movement.
- Curd helps to cure the symptoms of constipation and anal fissure.
Practice Healthy Bowel Habits
- Lastly, always practice a healthy bowel habit.
- Don’t ignore your bowel urges. The longer you hold, the stool becomes harder and dryer.
- Don’t sit on the toilet for a long time.
- Keep the anal area dry and clean.
- Use soft toilet paper.
Read More: Best Proctologist Treatment
Chaudhary Hospital Providing The Best Laser Treatment For Anal Fissure
Anal fissures cause sharp pain and blood loss. When the anal fissure health condition goes on for a long time, it creates bowel trauma among patients.
If your anal fissure symptoms are getting critical, don’t delay contacting the best gastroenterologists at Chaudhary Hospital. We will recommend the best diet and lifestyle to control the anal fissure symptoms. We check the patient’s history and existing medications to prescribe the best laser treatment for anal fissures with a holistic approach.