No more need to sign up for expensive gym memberships! No more searching the internet for quick fat loss tips! The ancient art of yoga is here to help you get rid of extra fat without any hassle. Whether you want to get rid of excess fat or develop rockhard abs, one yoga asana can help you achieve both.
We are talking about the Navasana, also known as the Boat Pose. This is the best core-strengthening yoga workout that tones the muscles of your abdomen and back. Do you want to learn this yoga asana? Then keep reading.
Boat Pose – An Introduction
Boat pose is a balancing forward-bending yoga pose. In this yoga pose you balance the entire body weight on your tailbone and sitting bones. In this yoga asana your body resembles a boat and remains in a V structure.
But, before you get down to do this yoga exercise there are a few tips you should remember.
Beginner Tips for Boat Pose
This yoga pose might seem easy to do when reading but is quite hard in practice.
Thus, to help you practice this yoga asana without hassle the yoga experts have come up with a few simple tips.
1. Take Support
You can use your hands when practicing this yoga pose. Grab your lower thighs with both hands lightly. It helps you maintain proper balance and body posture. After some practice you can try doing the pose without grabbing your thighs.
2. Use Props
You can take the help of a yoga strap to practice the Boat pose. Just loop it around your soles and hold the strap with your hands. Maintain a straight spine, arms, and legs when doing this. Join the Yoga Alliance registered yoga school to learn this yoga pose.
3. Hold Less
In the beginning do not be hard on yourself for not being able to hold the pose for longer periods. Yoga experts recommend that you hold the pose with 1 to 3 breaths. With time you can increase the number of breaths and duration.
4. Hold a Partner
As a beginner you should take the help of a partner or someone with the experience for assistance. Enroll in the 300 hour yoga teacher training to learn and practice this yoga pose under the guidance of skilled yoga teachers.
Following these tips ensure you practice the Boat pose without any hassle.
However, there are a few contradictions for this yoga asana. Yoga experts have come up with a few of them.
Precautions and Contradictions
- Do not round your back. This removes your focus from your back. Maintain a straight spine for the duration of this yoga asana.
- Practice the Boat pose slowly and gently. Never perform it in a hurry. As this yoga pose works on your abdominal muscles so doing it incorrectly will lead to pain in core muscles. The Yoga Alliance will teach you the best way to practice Boat pose.
- If you suffer from a lower back, hips, thighs, or abdomen injury then do not do the Boat pose. This yoga exercise focuses solely on all these muscles. Practicing it during an injury will only cause more problems.
- The boat pose puts pressure on your lower abdomen and lower back. Thus practicing it during menstrual cycle is harmful. Do not practice this yoga pose during menstrual periods.
Want to know the science behind the Boat pose? Keep reading.
The Science Behind Navasana
Navasana strengthens your hips, thighs, core, and back muscles. It puts a lot of strain on your core muscles. You also feel the pressure in your lower and middle back. Boat pose tones the muscles in these areas.
This yoga asana also firms the muscles of your thighs and tones them. Your hips hold all the weight. It gives them a gentle massage and tones them.
Let us now look at the benefits of this powerful yoga asana.
Benefits of Boat Pose
- Boat pose is the best yoga asana that tones the organs in your abdominal region. It massages the internal organs like liver, kidney, and digestive system. This improves your digestion and increases your body’s metabolic rate.
- Want to exercise your core and back muscles? Navasana removes the extra fat in these regions. Daily practice can help you get rid of excess fat and weight. Join the 300 hour yoga teacher training to learn and practice this yoga asana.
Do you want to get rid of excess fat and develop rock-solid abs? Join the 300 hour yoga teacher training program to learn and practice this yoga asana under guidance of yoga experts.